Thursday, June 24, 2010

Moving

Sadly, I have been doing hardly any of this (another dress shirt reincarnation from the week before the move) and much more of carting boxes around.



The move was BIG, to say the least. And the place appears to be having its own little garage sale which began on the moving day and continues which each drawer I open and corner I investigate. Though it made moving harder, it's all part of this home's charms. I cooked the first real meal - lamb and white bean cassoulet - in a lovely orange casserole dish found in the kitchen cupboard. There's an excellent set of drawers for small sewing supplies, complete with notions. And lots of light and space for both loom and sewing machine in the new space. Plus a retro radio to bring CBC to my little work corner. We found a magnifying glass with a small lightbulb in it. A number of old style honey tins. And dozens of jars of pickled beets....ok, those we didn't keep.

Now, I am eager to get back to work. I'll need new material to redo the roller blinds all over this house. A circular rag rug for the bathroom floor. Some wool diaper covers for a special order. A mama and baby poncho for my sister and her soon to arrive babe. And lots lots more clothing to sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment