Friday, December 2, 2011

Bedpost

I'm trying to keep up with my little (nightime) nurser with fatty foods and quick snacks. There's also the time factor - i keep forgetting to eat...or i opt to sew instead of a lunch break. Then i tell myself to stock the cupboards with more snacks, but when i'm at the store staring at the ingredient list or price tag on say, a box of granola bars, i just can't quite do it.
So this afternoon, in between Christmas decorating and baking an apple strudel for a dessert potluck, we made spiced almonds.
First, they're coated in olive oil, then pan-roasted and drizzled with honey and spices - cayenne, smoked paprika, cumin, cinnamon, and salt. Finally, they are left to carmelize a bit longer in the oven.




Now i'm using this post to help me fall asleep....

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment